Indian Head Massage Certificate
The Indian Head Massage Certificate encourages you to work with a ‘holistic’ approach which is core to all MSMB courses. You will learn to work with traditional Indian Head Massage techniques that have been adapted to meet the individual needs of clients. We encourage you to acknowledge and work with the whole person – mind, physical body, emotional self as well as the more subtle energies. We encourage you to; work ‘with’ your client, not ‘on’ your client; to tune into your intuition and importantly and work from the heart.
Indian Head Massage may have a calming or invigorating effect, support stress relief, can be used as a stand alone therapy or alongside other treatments. It is versatile and requires minimum specialist equipment to deliver.
To take part in this course you will need;
- To be aged 18 or over.
- Be a qualified massage / bodywork therapist (minimum of level 3)
- A qualification in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (minimum of level 3)
- Have a good understanding of English language for technical detail taught
- Commitment, willingness to learn, enthusiasm for the subject and the desire to develop personally as a therapist.
The Indian Head Massage Certificate is a level 3 course and accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT).
The course is part-time, delivered over 3 days and 2 evenings online. Face-to-face training is held in Solihull/Birmingham the West Midlands. There is a maximum of 14 students per training group, which allows for a good student/tutor ratio. We use a variety of teaching methods including lectures, but mainly these are experiential and participative. During the course students will practice Indian Head Massage on each other.
The time between training days allows you to; complete assignments; carry out case studies; create client clinic notes and demonstrate reflective practice.
The course aims to equip you in theory, practice and confidence to work with Indian Head Massage to a high professional standard. To achieve this there is close tutor supervision throughout. The course includes;
The course includes;
Indian Head Massage Theroy:
- History and development of Indian Head Massage
- Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Understanding the main Doshas
- Identifying and working with upper body Chakras
- Identifying and working with head and face Marma points
Therapeutic relationship and Practitioner self awareness:
- Developing personal reflective practice to support personal growth
- Monitoring self-care and body use.
- Appropriate client/therapist relationship
- Creating rapport with clients
- Developing good listening skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Developing good communication skills
- Developing awareness around client responses
- Creating and the importance of, safe space
- Working appropriately with intention and intuition
Massage, bodywork techniques and body use:
- Use of equipment and massage mediums
- Learn the Indian Head Massage hands on sequence
- Further develop safe body use; safe use of hands, movement and rhythm.
Clinic practice and professional issues:
- Creating a safe treatment environment
- Revise Health and Safety in the work place
- Revise and expand understanding of contra-indications to treatment
- Revise and expand understanding of contra-actions/healing processes of treatment
- Revise and further develop appropriate aftercare
- Explore adding Indian Head Massage to your existing business
- Awareness of code of ethics and practice of your Professional Association
Anatomy, physiology and pathology:
While it is anticipated that students will have a level 3 understanding of AP&P, we will revise certain areas that relate directly to Indian Head Massage.
Course completion requirements:
In order to successfully complete the course students will;
- Satisfy course entry requirements
- Complete all set written assignments
- Complete 25 case studies outside of the training environment
- Have worked with a minimum of 5 clients
- Demonstrated reflective practice
- Attended all training days
- Completed all payments
- Successfully have completed the theory assessment
- Successfully have completed the practical assessment
The course fee includes; Course manual. Assignment workbook. A sample range of oils used in Indian Head Massage. Access to tutor support and supervision between training weekends. Access to course power points and videos via website. Exam fees.
Course fees: a deposit of £100 secures your place on the course. Please note the deposit is non-refundable. Remaining payments can be made in full or installments by arrangement.
Students will need to: Be insured to practice. Have a valid first aid certificate (this can be completed during the course). Provide their own towels and pillows/bolsters.
Most texts on the recommended reading list are available to loan during the course, but as the number is limited loan time is restricted.
How to apply:
Simply download and complete the application form and return it to us. We will contact you to advise you of an offer of a place and confirm your place once your deposit is received.