Muscle Energy Technique (MET)
This one-day CPD workshop is for therapists with a minimum of a level 3 qualification in massage therapy, anatomy, physiology and pathology. During this day of exploring Muscle Energy Technique (MET) we will:
- Discuss the physiology stretching
- Apply understanding around stretching to the physiology of this technique
- Explore contra-indications and contra-actions of MET
- Learn to apply post-isometric- relaxation (PIR) and reciprocal inhibition (RI) across major muscle groups
- Explore safe body use while working
This is very much a ‘hands on’ day with lots of demonstrations and time given to practicing the techniques. By the end of the day, you should feel able to mindfully and safely apply MET, and able to appropriately integrate this technique into your treatment sessions.