Therapeutic Holistic Massage
What is Therapeutic Holistic Massage?
A client centred massage therapy which considers the whole of you as a person. The treatment is tailored specifically to suit your needs with the treatment plan formulated through discussion between yourself and the Massage Therapist.
How Does Holistic Massage Work?
With a client centred approach, Holistic Massage Practitioners, massage the person not just the body, working ‘with you’ rather than ‘doing’ massage to you. Some massage therapies might be considered ‘reductionist’ where for instance, a set routine is used for every person, taking little account of each person’s individuality and specific needs. The Holistic Massage Therapist ensures the massage treatment is designed with your particular needs in mind and is appropriate to your personal physical and emotional journey.
Massage sessions are specifically created to suit you – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Working with the holistic ‘person centred’ approach lies the possibility of integration on every level. It is guided by principles of respect, sensitivity, intention, awareness and quality of touch.
Benefits – Holistic Massage can assist with:
- Reducing stress on all levels. Encouraging relaxation, giving ‘time out’ to recuperate.
- Physically relaxing tight muscles
- Improving joint mobility
- Easing short and long term conditions affecting wellbeing
- Soothing the nervous system, encouraging a state of rest and repair in the body.
- Enhancing self-esteem and the individuals body awareness.
- Personal growth and emotional release.